Made in Saudi

How do we define our economy? How are we building our economy? How did we become a rich country? Oil. A short and efficient word that answers all these questions..

We are a country that depends on imports, and never depends on itself. When we take a look at our wealth, it's because of something we didn't work for or produce. It's because of the resources we're lucky to have. Well, I'm not willing to take our black gold for granted.

As Ahmad Al-Shugairy said today (25th August, 2009), Japanese people are not smarter than Arabs. Arabs have the potential and the capability, but we're not using our minds. We can develop ourselves, and become more technologically advanced.

If we ask ourselves how the east and the west are very successful, it's because of how wise they were when it came to utilizing their minds. They've depended on the science and knowledge that the Muslims have discovered before to reach far beyond what we have reached. Now, it's our time to contribute to the world by depending on the knowledge others have reached to benefit all.

I promise myself to try my best. "Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)."
(إن الله لا يغير ما بقوم حتى يغيروا ما بأنفسهم)
Hopefully you will too :)

3 comments:



Anonymous said...

I approve of this post!
I swear most people don't really "get" the verse "Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)."

Thanks Mayada for this lovely reminder!

Samar said...

MAYADA! When the hell did you post something new?!
If I hadn't bil'3ala6 landed on your blog I would've never knew.
Anyway,
I kind of... I think... I, relatively, wrote my last post about a similar topic.
Niice keep'em coming

Moodiez said...

lol.. then I should check it out.
Great minds think alike!

Post a Comment